Ahoy, me hearties! Save your doubloons by celebrating International Talk Like a Pirate Day (ITLAPD). On Tuesday, September 19, read a randomly selected phrase while doing your best pirate impression and receive $5 off of your admission that day. The first 200 brave buccaneers receive an eyepatch.
• Dress-up chest and paper plate pirate craft (11am – 3pm)
• A swashbuckling story for the wee ones told by our own Lake Erie Monster-seeking Captain NEO (11am)
• An appearance by land shark mascot Finn (2pm)
• A target shark feed (3:30pm) and
• A chance to search for treasure (10am – 5pm) in the exhibits.
Tuesday, September 19, 10am – 5pm (last admission ticket sold at 4pm)
Why not? In 1995 John Bauer (Ol’ Chumbucket) and Mark Summers (Cap’n Slappy) proclaimed September 19th the day when we should all talk like pirates and that’s what we’re doing because who wants to be thought of as a boring, bilge-sucking son-of-a-biscuit-eater who’d rather swab the deck than embark on an aquatic adventure?
Follow or share on social using the hashtags #ITLAPD and #CLEAQUARIUM